Tie Bottom Top From Old T-Shirt


This craft is a "no sew" which is awesome! Take any old t-shirt, the longer the better, and a pair of scissors to create this look.


Cut along the hem line of the sleeves. If you want a more tank top look, cut more off. Also, cut along the outside of the hem on the collar. For the bottom, decide on the length of your top. That will be the place you will cut a straight line in the back side of the shirt. The front side will be comprised of your tie bottom. To do this start from the bottom of the shirt at the center and cut to the length of your shirt at a diagonal. Do both sides creating two triangles.


Enjoy your new top! I love my new work out shirt! Channeling my inner Rocky!



14 comments:

  1. We want to see the "after" photo on the model (you!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I tried this and its so cute! Thank you!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay- Glad you liked it! Taylor- I'm kinda shy :) !

    ReplyDelete
  4. Where can I get that shirt???

    ReplyDelete
  5. I went to the actual Rocky Statue in Philly and a vendor was selling these for $10 each, he didn't have any smalls or mediums, which gave me the idea for this. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I live in Philly and bought this same shirt from him! I ended up cutting mine a little differently but great minds think alike! Yours turned out awesome! I love it.

      Delete
    2. That's awesome! He was pretty nice :)

      Delete
  6. Love the craft! But--that is a clip from Rocky II not Rocky :) Heres the original :

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GWFjD_e9OAg

    Sry, Im a film grad and had to say...

    ReplyDelete
  7. This looks SO good...so much better than the high street version! Would look awesome with some high waisted jeans or denim shorts.

    CT x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Pinned this a while ago, but I still love it. Going to do it finally today, since I found some old t-shirts! Thanks for the tutorial.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm trying this right now. I mean, I'm actually cutting my shirt now, I'll let you know how it turns out!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...